Storage of video data and/or alarm, meta, audio and sensor data. We recommend having more storage disks in one set.
You can divide one set of disks so that different disks have different tasks.
You can also order support for more than one disk set. Then you need to change the quantity in your order. You use more than one disk set for example if you want different number of days storage for the different cameras.
License for storage also includes Playback-mode and Archive-mode. These modes require that storage in the database structure is in effect.
Contact us for hardware recommendations and calculations on storage needs. Sufficient storage capacity will be adjusted to the number of cameras and camera resolution, as well as capacity for any other data. Multiple storage disks per server is recommended.
Storage of video data and/or alarm, meta, audio and sensor data. We recommend having more storage disks in one set. You can divide one set of disks so that different disks have different tasks. You can also order support for more than one disk set. Then you need to change the quantity in your order. You use more than one disk set for example if you want different number of days storage for the different cameras.
Playback-mode is included when you order database structure for storage of recordings. With this mode you can search for recordings based on recent timespan, a specific time (focus) with a timespan before and after, or from/to on date/time. The search result will be displayed at the bottom of the screen in a timeline-view with a full overview of the searched time interval. From this view, you can play back, forward, rewind, and skip back and forth between recording sequences, either from one or multiple cameras at the same time (multiplay). From the same mode you can archive your searches, either to drive, memory stick or CD/DVD.
Archive-mode with archiving/export and bookmarks is also included. Archive-mode naturally resembles Playback-mode, but you play back archived recordings instead of regular recordings. Hence, the search interface is not the same. You search in archives on recording-ID.
- By having multiple storage drives, video and audio data will be striped and the database and index files will be mirrored on the drives, so you have a form of redundancy in case one of the drives are faulty or files on a drive are corrupted.
- By having multiple drive sets, you can for example set up 7 days storage on one set and 90 days storage on the second set.
- Multiple search criteria makes it easy to find recording sequences quickly, even if the basis for the search may differ. Perhaps you want to review an event that just happened in a specific scene, you know quite accurately when an incident happened, you know about an event but not quite when it happened, or perhaps you want to investigate what has happened in advance of an incident by searching on a longer period on multiple cameras.
- Playback-buttons are intuitive and recognizable compared with other types of playback software.
- The timeline view makes it easy either to navigate between recording sequences on cameras individually or to see correlations on events between multiple cameras.
- The archiving feature safeguards storage of data for further investigation or as evidence material in an easy and efficient manner.